We tried this recipe from Pip over at Whats For Smoko and it was amazing, often scones turn out dry or crusty but these were light, moist and fluffy – the best scones we’ve ever made. We asked Pip if we could share her recipe here for you all and you’re in luck. If you’re looking for cooking and baking inspiration check her out over at Whats For Smoko.
- 3 cups Self Raising Flour
- ½ cup Castor Sugar Optional
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 cup Soda Water
- soda Water
- Miele Sou’wester Honey to serve with softened butter
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Place the dates in a pot and cover with water. Simmer until the dates are soft.
- Drain the water.
- Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl in the order of ingredients listed.
- Tip out onto a floured surface before shaping into a 3cm- ish high rectangle. Make sure your bench is super floury.
- Cut (will make about 12-15).
- Pop in the oven for 12-15mins.
- Serve with warm butter and Miele Honey of your choice! We recommend The Sou’Wester because the bees have given it a delicious toffee flavour.